Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Having many wives in the Bible

Deut.21

[15] If a man have two wives, one beloved, and another hated, and they have born him children, both the beloved and the hated; and if the firstborn son be hers that was hated:

Gen.4

[19] And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.
[23] And Lamech said unto his wives, Adah and Zillah, Hear my voice; ye wives of Lamech, hearken unto my speech: for I have slain a man to my wounding, and a young man to my hurt.

Gen.30

[25] And it came to pass, when Rachel had born Joseph, that Jacob said unto Laban, Send me away, that I may go unto mine own place, and to my country.
[26] Give me my wives and my children, for whom I have served thee, and let me go: for thou knowest my service which I have done thee.

Gen.31

[17] Then Jacob rose up, and set his sons and his wives upon camels;

Gen.32

[22] And he rose up that night, and took his two wives, and his two womenservants, and his eleven sons, and passed over the ford Jabbok.

Gen.36

[2] Esau took his wives of the daughters of Canaan; Adah the daughter of Elon the Hittite, and Aholibamah the daughter of Anah the daughter of Zibeon the Hivite;

be up to date ill find more soon en shaa Allah